Sunday, September 8, 2013

Mr and Mrs Mummy

Had a request from a friend to make her grandson a halloween card.  Struggled with this for a while since most of my cards where geared towards girls.  I found these digital stamps at Lacy Sunshine.  They were fun to color and not that difficult.  I   used copic markers C1 and C3 for the body of the boy and then E01,  E02, E11, and R20 for the cheeks and faces of all the mummy's.  B01 for the eyes.  The paper is a Stampin up halloween designer paper from last year.  The Spooky and Spider Web frame were cut using the Close to My Heart cricut cartridge - Artbooking.  The sparkle was done using diamond Stickles.  



I wanted to make her a little more feminine then the boy so decided to color her using some pink tones.  I used copic markers R00 and R01 for her body.  I think she needed some glitter to make her a diva so I used the diamond Stickles on her bow as well.  She also got an elegant spider web made of pearls.  
As you can tell I have been playing with what to do with the backgrounds.  I had to go back and fill in the dots to the board on the girl card.  The boy card came out a little heavy on the dots and I found I liked it better when they were more spread out.  I thought I would use a background I found as well but that meant trying to merge the two images and I have not mastered that task yet.  Maybe soon.  


I have been coloring lots of halloween cards using orange, green and purple.  Got a little tired of those colors so I tried this color combination.  Nothing like Halloween but it was fun especially since Pink is one of my favorite colors.  She was colored using the same colors as the one above.  The overlay was done with the same cricut cartridge.  




No comments:

Post a Comment